A group of Kent Lutheran people plus friends are traveling to the Holy Land from May 15-June 2, 2017. If you would like to join them please call the church office before March 10.
- The itinerary can be viewed here itinerary-hl-2017
- A summary of the trip can be viewed here hl-one-page-summary
- A potential book reading list book-list-1
- Pilgrimage quotes Pilgrimage Quotes for Reflection
For those nearby we are meeting monthly to catch up on details of traveling and to discuss an area of study. Those are listed below – each is a powerpoint for you to review and ponder. The evenings are in two sections so they would upload here.
- September > Geography geography1 geography2
- October > Archaeology archaeology-1 archaeology-2 archaeology-3 archaeology-4
- November > Politics politics current-governance
- December > The Bible (and Land) bible
- January > Jerusalem: Central to Three Major Religions Religions 1 Early Religions 2a Judaism Religions 2b Judaism Religions 3 Christianity Religions 4 Islam & Others
- February > History of the Christian Church Christian History
- March > March Mix March Mix Items
- Itinerary Worksheet Worksheet
- April > April ready
During the fall I taught a Sunday morning class titled “Locations, Locations, Locations.” The emphasis is on the locations of the Holy Land area and how the location enriches the meaning of biblical stories. Considering these stories and their locations helps us recognize God’s work in our own lives.
- Rivers sess-one-river
- Wilderness wilderness-1-ot wilderness-2-nt
- Mountains mountains
- Valleys valleys-1 valleys-2-jordan-jezreel valleys-3
- Lakes/seas lakes-1 lakes-2 lakes-3
- Cities cities-intro-jericho cities-2-jerusalem1 cities-3-jerusalem2 cities-4-jerusalem3
- Cities cities-5-nazareth cities-6-bethlehem
- Other side other-side