Returning to Group Worship
The KLC Virus Advisory Team is working diligently to meet the required guidelines for returning to in-person worship in our Sanctuary. Though we had identified October 25 at 9:30 AM as the date for our next service in the sanctuary, this date is being pushed out at least two more weeks due to spike in cases. We will keep you informed as we come closer to that date in the weekly announcements, by mail, by e-mail, and in this web post.
There will be required practices in place as we gather such as wearing masks, being asked about potential symptoms, and entering the facility only on Second Avenue. For those who choose to continue participating via livestream worship or are unable to attend at 10:00 AM Sundays, YouTube services will continue as a worship option.
Worship services in the Sanctuary are suspended until further notice due to the COVID 19 restrictions. Please join us for one or both of our two forms of worship:
- Sundays at 10:00am as we Livestream over the Kent Lutheran YouTube channel.
Go to the Kent Lutheran website: www.kentlutheran.org then click on the link for the YouTube 10:00 worship service. If you go directly to YouTube, search for “Kent Lutheran Church” to find the worship service for the week. The link will also be available on Facebook.
- Wednesday evening worship at 7:00 pm using Zoon includes Hoy Communion (see Events on our home page).
If you know of someone who does not have internet availability, the church office is mailing the bulletin, the announcement page and a printed sermon. If that is a requirement, call the office at 253-852-2057 to be added to that list.
Watch the announcements page (http://kentlutheran.org/klc/announcements/) will be used to coordinate the most current information/status regarding the Virus Advisory Team actions, and plans for reopening.
March 15, 2020
Dear Kent Lutheran Church Users;
As you know the situation concerning the Covid-19 virus is rapidly changing. In response to the advances of the virus just the past week, numerous businesses have closed, Governor Inslee has closed the public schools in the state, and more aggressive actions have been taken by our local governments including the issuance of public health guidelines. As such, our Virus Advisory Committee met this morning to address KLC operations in light of these developments. The following decisions have been made:
- KLC church services consisting of both Sunday services and Wednesday Lenten service will suspended until the end of March.
- Wednesday Soup Suppers will be suspended until the end of March.
- Sunday March 22, Pastor Jane and Sean will live stream an abbreviated service available for viewing from home via the internet. Please watch our website and FaceBook page for more information.
- KLC will be open to User Groups and the office will remain open as usual.
- User Groups will be notified about our Covid-19 revised operations. User Groups will be hosted, as requested by each individual group, conditioned upon their acknowledgment and compliance with the King County Public Health Virus Protection Guidelines. User Groups will be required to supply their own cleaning products. The Sanctuary and Nursery will be closed to all User Groups. User Groups will also be asked to report the number of userswith Covid-19 positive test or symptoms.
- The KLC Council meeting will be hosted virtually using video teleconferencing capabilities.
- The Easter Prayer Vigil is planned to continue. Sign-up capability is provided by telephone through the KLC Office.
- The Blood Drive scheduled for March 17will continue as planned.
- Festival Choir practice will continue as planned.
- Monday and Thursday Community Suppers will continued with revised operations identified by the sponsoring organizations which will include actions such as carry-out only meals and other modifications to minimize the risk of transmitting the virus.
- Social Concerns Committee will recommend to the KLC Council a position regarding April hosting of the Women’s Shelter.
Our situation is very dynamic. We will continue to monitor developments and take additional action as appropriate. Please monitor the KLC website at www.kentlutheran.org, our FaceBook page at www.FaceBook.com/KentLutheran and our announcements. If desire, you can also call the office at 253-852-2057 for any updates.
President, KLC Council