The worship ministries of our church require the willing hands of many people. The following areas of worship are where people can participate:
- Communion Setup and Cleanup – sets up and cleans up communion equipment for the services
- Welcome Minister – staffs the Welcome Table before and after service to answer questions about Kent Lutheran Church
- Sound Board Technician – sets up and puts away the microphones required for the services and runs the sound board during the services
- Greeter – greets worshipers before services
- Usher – hands out bulletins, collects offering, counts attendance, assists worshipers
- Assisting Minister – assists pastor with prayers and service leadership
- Acolyte – (children & adults) assists during the service in candle-lighting, communion, and offering
- Lay Reader – reads lessons for the day (no age limit)
- Communion Assistant – assists with communion bread and wine distribution (must have been confirmed)
- Communion Visitation – once a month takes communion to homebound people
People should prayerfully consider their schedules and spiritual gifts and then offer to assist in as many tasks as they feel comfortable in performing.
There are forms in the church entrance area or call the church office.